Food Defense and Security Elements for Food Industry
Course Objectives: The purpose of this course is to help participants recognize situations that may carry a risk for intentional food contamination and develop effective preventative strategies and methods to avoid those risks and ensure ongoing company readiness.
Course Description: This is a 1-day virtual course includes class, individual and team exercises.
The course focuses on control and management of preventative measures through development of the Business Continuity Plan to ensure safe food production.
This program offers the tools for assessing, effectively preventing and managing Food Safety and Security threats that could easily be integrated into your existing Food Safety system thereby ensuring both intentional and unintentional food contamination is controlled.
Who Should Attend:
- Plant Managers
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control Professionals
- Regulatory Compliance
- Risk Communicators
- Public affairs Manager
- Risk /Emergency Managers
Key Session Topics:
- What are Food Security Risks and how to recognize them at your plant
- Conducting Vulnerability Assessment to identify risks and develop Mitigation Strategies
- Effective Methods to prevent identified Food Security threats to protect consumers from food contamination
- What is the critical information to include in your policies and procedures
- Identifying types of Emergency Situations and developing suitable Emergency Plans
- Establishing effective BCP through Responsibilities, Communication and Coordination
- Auditing your food defense plan against recognized standards to identify areas for improvements
- Food Security System Management and Evaluation
- Development of Food Security Culture in your plant
Prerequisites: Participants should have a general understanding of agricultural production, food manufacturing, food distribution or retail background.
Certification: Candidates who successfully complete this training program will receive a Certificate of Completion from the training entity.
** PLEASE NOTE: Cancelations will only be accepted up to 10 days prior to training date for a refund. Refunds will not be issued within 10 days of a training, however registration is transferable to another member of your team if desired.
** This training will be delivered in English only.