Food & Beverage Masterclass for Business Leaders & Entrepreneurs
This 6-session course will help business owners and leaders develop a roadmap for scaling and improving their food & beverage business. The course covers key aspects of food & beverage industry management, from defining purpose and competitive strategy to building high performing teams and managing for profit.
The course will include 4 online workshops on successive weeks in May, culminating in a 2 day in person workshop in early June, where business growth and improvement plans and execution roadmaps for each participant will be tackled.
The course is designed for owners and general managers of food & beverage companies with capacity and a strong desire to grow the business through sales beyond Atlantic Canada. The series will be limited to 15 companies who have been pre-screened for their capacity to grow and scale.
Facilitated online workshops are used with emphasis on peer learning. A comprehensive case study will demonstrate the challenges that food & beverage leaders face and allow the participants to collaborate on analyzing and developing solutions. Included with registration are 7 hours of post course one: one follow-up and coaching with instructors to help each participant solidify the learnings to their respective businesses.
The end objective will be to deliver a business growth strategy and roadmap to follow for each company. Specifically, owners would get the following out of the program:
- An updated strategy map for their business with a balanced scorecard, and targets for improvement in sales, marketing, finance, HR and operations.
- A process to use financial statements to target key areas to focus on improving, and a way to assign overheads accurately when determining product cost structure.
- Insight into how to drive waste out of operations and lower their Cost of Goods and improve labour productivity.
- A proven management system that allows owners to focus on working on the business instead of in the business, helping avoid getting dragged into the weeds and firefighting all the time.
- A real insight into how customers manage their business and how to be successful with big players like Loblaws, Sobeys and Walmart.
- And how to get the most out of your team by establishing a framework of accountability.
For the final session of the course, participants will attend the in person workshop dates (June 15th & 16th) in Halifax, NS (venue to be confirmed). Meals are included in the registration price, accommodations are to be paid for separately by the participants.
For more course information, please click here.
In partnership with: